Yamaku Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yamaku Academy

A Katawa Shoujo themed roleplay forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Takage Maiko

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Takage Maiko

Takage Maiko Empty
PostSubject: Takage Maiko   Takage Maiko EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 11:33 pm

Name: Takage Maiko
School Year: First-Year
Class:

Appearance: Takage has short black hair that reaches about to neck-length. Has dark brown eyes and has light fair skin. He wears a white polo t-shirt with a tint of blue and wears a dark blue cargo pants. Also to take notice are a set of black elbow pads and bandaged up wrists, included black knee pads and shin guard sleeves he wears under the pants.

Personality Takage has a case of low self-confidence that at times when situation comes about, he cannot face battles by his own self. The only time he feels more confident was his online persona. He's more knowledgeable about the types of people he's faced, been abused of and how they act. In truth, he is an expert on human psychology, noticing how a person acts and will not hesitate to spot it. He also has an ability to see into one's soul just by looking at them in their eyes, though some of his assumptions could be wrong. The gift given was due to experience being constantly bullied. He would shut himself away from others, though it would take someone willing to get to know him to open up.

History: In hopes of a pleasant childhood, where he would grow up to be an optimistic young man in hopes to find love, everything was crashing down ever since the start of his life. Through his school years, he was constantly bullied because of his symptom and was isolated from his friends. He grew up in a very lonely life, at times losing it and suddenly having a breakdown, though his hope never gave in as he learned how to properly communicate. Over the years, his family became more and more different to him, turning for the worst; a father who resorts to violence, a mother who "chose" not to listen to him, a younger sister who rebelled against the family, and an older brother who showed signs of evil while remaining in the house. When a guidance councilor suggested that he could move into Yamaku Academy to be away from his family, Takage immediately accepted the offer, in hopes he could live a life on his own without people that turned evil to affect him physically, mentally and emotionally. He is also weak in terms of his body condition, where gets easily gets scrapes and cuts when not careful, explaining why he has to wear elbow pads and knee pads.

Role Play Sample:

Scanning across the hallways of everyone walking by him, looking at each expressions on their face, he can see how everyone of them acts, some are good, some are awkward, some with a disability, but he cannot argue, for they might have suffered like he did. He might have his pity for them, for they could have gone through worse than him.

But he still can't argue about it. He's only concerned how people would treat him. The worst kind of people that goes through his mind are the people who bullied him, those who isolated him, his father, his brother, his mother, his sister, almost anyone he's come across.

"Oh god.." he muttered to himself.

He can't help but think about his dumb quirks of talking to himself. Hope no one around him noticed that. But it would seem safe that everyone in the Academy should know that everyone had their own share of problems, even for him, and they should have respected that.

"I really need to get to class." He told himself.

Along the way, he would recite lines of his favorite TV shows to himself as a way to entertain himself. Guess it's another dumb habit that he has as he passed by some students, but he can't help it, even if he were to whisper to himself. If only he was an student learning to be an actor or voice actor, it would stand to reason because no one can argue on a person learning lines.

When he got to his class, he felt nervous, he might meet some new faces and strange people, but he has to go through with it.

"Here we go." He said, as he knocked on the door.
Back to top Go down
Kaori Tsukuda

Takage Maiko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Takage Maiko   Takage Maiko EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:36 am

Ok, let's start with biggest thing that isn't going to work: the school is a care facility for physically disabled kids so they can get the treatment and schooling they need in the same place. Kids with mental disabilities don't go there. So sorry, but you'll need to change that up.

There are a few grammar errors in the beginning part of your application, things I'm generally willing to ignore at the moment to head towards the bigger picture.

In your roleplay sample, some of your sentences are huge and nearly unintelligible. You're trying way too hard here. I'm pretty sure we all go through it, and I even this little problem a name. I like to call it elongated-prose syndrome. In short, your sentences are long in order to get in information or sound like a better writer, but all it does is make it worse. The best thing you can do in an RP is follow this acronym: K.I.S.S.

Keep It Simple Slick.

Do what you like with it, but try and simplify your sentences.

There is one last thing I would like to write about before I finish up here. Listen/read very carefully: do your research. How you described autism is not only laughably wrong, but it is insulting. Plenty of kids with autism can communicate properly and interact with normal kids. Trust me, my three closest friends are all autistic and they get along with most of the class. Sometimes you can't even tell if someone has autism or not.

So, carefully look things up before you roleplay a condition- you could totally screw things up in the blink of an eye.

--NOT APPROVED--
Back to top Go down
Kaori Tsukuda

Takage Maiko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Takage Maiko   Takage Maiko EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 12:43 am

Also, go read the rules. From my view, you didn't read very carefully if you did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Takage Maiko Empty
PostSubject: Re: Takage Maiko   Takage Maiko Empty

Back to top Go down

Takage Maiko
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Yamaku Academy :: Characters :: Character Creation-
Jump to: